Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Our Doodle Clubhouse

The other day mom and dad had to put us in our kennels so they could run to the store.  When they came back, we went into the yard and this is what we found.  What could it be we wondered? 



As soon as dad started moving the panel around, I got in there to sniff it out but I still didn't know what it was.


Stanley and I were helping dad.  Dad told us he was putting together something so we didn't have to go in our kennels every time he and mom left the house.  I looked at Stan, and we both said, "That is a good thing!"  We didn't mind our kennels (we sleep in them at night) but our peeps said they hated to put us in there during the day.

 Dad kept building and we kept sniffing.  Ever since we all became a family, mom and dad have been trying to figure out how Stanley and me can be safe (and not chew anything up) when they need to leave the house.  Before, we usually went with them but the days are warmer and we can no longer wait in the truck when they do errands and shopping.  Mom said, "What can we do?"




So they came up with the idea to put a Doodle Clubhouse in the yard so we can play outside (in nice weather) when they go running or have to leave the house without us.  Even though our yard is fenced, mom was afraid we could get into trouble.  I think it's the thing with the roses the other day that tipped her off.

There's a big difference between a dog run and a Doodle Clubhouse.  When we go on our walks, we see too many dogs that bark and are angry because they feel abandoned in a dog run.  Some people put them as far away from the house as possible!  But A Doodle Clubhouse is just for short meetings every now and then.  We like that!  Stanley liked it right away and started napping in it before dad was even finished!


 But I was busy with my favorite bush, the snowball bush!  I love those snowballs!  




I had to call Stanley down to the bush.  He came running! We spend a lot of time under this bush.  We like tearing off the branches and eating them.  Sometimes I like to pick a snowball and take it up the hill into the yard and tear it apart bloom by bloom.
I can't get enough stick action!



Finally we decided we better check on the Clubhouse and see if dad was finished.  Mom was standing in  it to make sure there was plenty of room for our meetings.


So we played in the Clubhouse awhile.  Mom and dad called us to go in the house but we were having fun, so they just left the door open so we could go in the house when we were ready.  Our Clubhouse is going to be a lot more fun than going into our kennels!


 Mom said she is going to make a sign for our Clubhouse.  Our Aunt Robin gave her the idea.  It will say:

Doodle Clubhouse.  No cats allowed!




Murphy

15 comments:

Scooter said...

Oh now that is cool. You should start a Doodle club and have members join your club and have the members do certain tasks for the club like Take your peep on a walk day and post the walking pics!!
ANd about that snowball bush, I say SNOWBALL fight!!! BOL

wags
jazzi

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMD OMD Stanley and Murphy... You have your VERY OWN Special Doodle Clubhouse!! THAT is Cool DROOL fur sure. I don't know about that NO CATS allowed sign.. There are some really NICE cats... butt... how about THIS.. No SQUIRRELS ALLOWED
I have NEVER seen or heard of a squirrel that wasn't totally EVIL.
I really REALLY LOVE your Doodle Clubhouse. It is gonna be PERFECT.

Bassetmomma said...

That is an awesome clubhouse!! You guys are so lucky to have such thoughtful parents! How cool is that!

GOOSE said...

I tell ya what, you two are a couple of lucky pups. I could join the club and then I could be the guard at the door, cuz as you know I would NEVER let a cat in, NEVER.
Blessings,
Goose

Val said...

That is one cool Doodle Club House...you are 2 lucky pups!!

Murphy said...

Hmmm . . . some good ideas. We'll have to discuss this with our peeps!

Murphy said...

Yes Goose, great thinking! You are tall enough to stop cats from sneaking in over the top too!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Murphy and Stanley, I love your clubhouse and think it is a splendid idea-that way when you are outside you won't get into trouble. Right now, I'm still putting Hunter in his crate if I have to run errands, I don't want surprises inside either.
I can't wait to see all the special things you have in it.
Happy Day. Noreen & Hunter

Duncan said...

I am veeeeery jealous of your doodle clubhouse. Your peeps really have their priorities in the right order ... it is all about the puppers, puppers!!!!

Scooter said...

Wow, what a cool clubhouse! How do I join?? The sign is a great idea...I like cats okay, but they can have their own club. If we can all join too, I think we'll need a special super secret password or a paw signal or something. It looks like a fun place fur sure! BOL
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Murphy said...

Mom says she's going to have to follow up on this!

bichonpawz said...

What a GREAT idea!!! We would like our dad to build us one of those too!!! Looking forward to seeing you guys grow!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Berts Blog said...

He he he....yeah, you two just keep thinkin of it as a "ClubHouse". actually, I like that. And you will have nice soft grass to play in when you are in the "Clubhouse"

Hey, I heard Goose has a surprise present for you.

I am so excited, just two more weeks and I get to meet you.....

Oskar said...

Your own clubhouse? How cool!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous solution! You two have some very smart peeps! :)

Waggin at ya,
Roo