Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Parade & Lights

I'm glad you're back so we can continue with our Christmas Village and parade story.
Me and Stanley are going to hide these &^$#@ hats!  But on with the story . . . 

As you recall, we looked for the REAL Santa Paws and did not find him (that's mom with us).  So we roamed around the cottages at Christmas Village.  And in our search, guess what we found??
Yup, a REAL train, on a track, giving rides to kids and in our case, pups!  It was great fun!
(All the time we were having fun our pawrents said they were exposing us to sights, sounds, and people as part of our training.  All we know is that we couldn't walk 20 feet without someone stopping us to pet us and tell us how cute we are!  One little boy even asked if I was a real dog or a stuffed animal!  Anyway, eventually it got dark and we watched the parade.)
It was hard to get pictures in the dark.
There were bands, horses, and floats!  And at the end of the parade, on a fire truck, was Santa Paws!  Unfortunately since there were 20,000 people there (literally) and we are so short, we did NOT see him!  So we told our pawrents, "We gotta find that fire truck!" 
By the time we found the fire truck, Santa Paws had left it.  But the fireman said since we were so popular with the crowds that he wanted his picture taken with us.  Of course we said yes.
Frosty was at the parade too.  We kept waiting for Santa Paws to turn on the lights but a human in the amphitheater kept yakking on and on about thanking the committee, the mayor, city council, yada, yada, yada so we decided to leave.  Our pawrents said we would come back to see the lights before Christmas when there was snow.  Then, just as we were pulling away . . .
Lights ON!
And that means Santa Paws was in his castle!
"Stop the truck Dad!!"
To which mom replied, "Relax boys, we have lots of time before Christmas."

 [Heavy sigh] So we're still searching . . .


Murphy


14 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it. Your place is so cool. I want to go on a fire truck. Murphy and Stanley we know you are going to have the bestest Chrimbo. Have a terrific Tuesday.
Best wishes Molly

Mollie said...

Wow, its beautiful. I wish we had that here, are's are nothing as spectacular :( Have a great Tuezday xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

GOOSE said...

You got be be on a fire truck!!!! That is so cool drool. I just know you will meet Santa Paws. You know what I think? I think he is searching for you guys as well.
Blessings,
Goose

My Mind's Eye said...

Murphy
Thank you for this wonderful and beautiful post. WOW you guys are so lucky.
Mom about fell on the floor when she read "One little boy even asked if I was a real dog or a stuffed animal!"
That was priceless...I guess it means you were behaving and not jumping around...but it was cute.
Hugs Madi your BFFF

Bassetmomma said...

What a beautiful post! Your parade looks amazing and how great you got to see Santa Paws! I just love your header pic!!!

Unknown said...

My mommy wants to know if your mommy screameded at that fireman "OOW OWW TAKE IT OFF!!" ?? Silly Mommy!

~Mason

Stewey said...

You got to go on a train ride?!?!? Wow - how cool :)
Stewey

Millie and Walter said...

I can't believe you waited all that time to see Santa Paws and then your parents made you leave before seeing him! I hope you get to tell him you wish list before the big day.

Millie

A Day In The Life Of A Goose said...

Wowwee, that village of yours gets cooler and cooler with each new post! :-D You guys are so lucky! One time when I was hanging with Domeek at work there was a fire alarm and I got to meet a whole truck full of firemen...they were really nice! So, the search continues...hmmmmm...I think, if all else fails, you can meet him at the "mall"!

Two French Bulldogs said...

We sure are jealous
Benny & Lily

Oskar said...

It looks like you guys had a pawsome time! I hope you find Santa Paws soon.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

NanaNor's said...

You boys are doing such a good job searching for Santa Paws! BTW, I love the hats on you. We got our picture taken today for our cards but Hunter had such a hard time looking at the camera. Oh well, I'm sure he will look cute anyway.
Have a great evening.
Wags, Noreen & Hunter

Dougall-the-Scottie said...

Oh, those light are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Is that beautiful or what!!! Wow! Thanks for sharing :) Luv your Holiday Header too! :D

Waggin at ya,
Roo

PeeS: I have something for you butt need your email addy to get it to yaz. Could you send it to me at 1roodog(at)gmail(dot)com
Thanks!