Friday, January 16, 2015

Official Announcement!! Mayorz Marathon!


Our first ever Mayorz Marathon will be held April 16, 2015

We will need a few assistants who are good at photo-shopping to help out.  We need folks who are willing to host the start, finish, and various mile markers along the way.  We already have hosts for "pit stops".  We have Frankie & Ernie manning one of the pit stops and Madi hosting a water stop.

*****

Here's how it will work.  Just like a real marathon you must register (send in your photos) while you are still in training.  The dead lion for photos is March 15th.

Everyone will start at the starting line blog.  At the end of that post will be a link to take you to the next mile, and so on until we all get to the finish line.

All registrations (photos) will be sent in to the Mayorz (except for the ones F&E will use cuz they will be peeing photos).  PLEASE send in your best quality photos showing your pet's full body in a standing pawsition (see photography tips from Fi & Abby HERE).  The photo-shoppers will cut the dog/cat images out of the photo so they can be used at the various mile markers as the race moves along our 26.2 mile course.  Each host blog will have creative license to tell the story of what is happening at their particular mile marker.  This means the story can have some wild twists and turns!  So pawticipants will need to read all the posts to get the full story on their race!

This is going to be fun, fun, fun!  BUTT MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES!


  1. 1.  If you want to be In the RACE send a Picture with the Name of the Racer to the email below.
  2. If you are in the RACE and want to stop at the POTTY Station... Send a SEPARATE Picture DIRECTLY to Frankie (see link below).
  3. The only thing that is REQUIRED is the RACE.... Potty stops are for fun, water stop will be included. 
  4. You must be an official racer to pawticipate in any other activities.  No Bandits allowed!
  5. OBSERVE ALL DEADLINES!!

Send your race photos to:  cecampbell [AT] msn [DOT] com
Check in with Frankie & Ernie for their rules/requirements! 
Check with Madi for her requirements!


LEGAL NOTICE:  Blogville Pawlice will be on the official race course and promptly remove and arrest any "bandits" (illegal runners who did not legally register)!!  In order to be legally registered for this race (meaning we received your photo) your name must appear on the list (shown under tab on blog).



Murphy & Stanley

30 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

WOW! a marathon :-) Sugar is in. Will send a photo this weekend. Golden Woofs

Frank The Tank said...

Hi Doodle Mayors! You were TOTALLY right, this is right up my street! I am so very excited for this, because as you know i just love to run! I would love to join in the marathon but would also be able to host a "pit stop" too, I would do the pee-pee pit stop, no time taken off for a quick bush potty stop just an issue of the Yellow Card for a time out! LOL!
This all sounds like so much fun, as you can see I have already started some crazy training routines! Love and licks from your furiend Frank xxxxx

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
What a great thing - organisation looks good and it promotes physical activities which are impawtent for Wellness!!! Clearly I shall not be able to pawticipate, having only two legs (and if planning this side goes ahead I shall be travelling at that time), so spectatorship will be all I could manage for this particular event. HOWEVER, during the times of training is when many find out that they are not quite as fit as they thought or need to make alterations to diet and for that EFURbuddy is welcome to call on the OoWaC for help and guidance... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Unknown said...

We must see what we can come up with. Have a fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly

Julie said...

Oh I luffs a good run, will get my staff to sort a photo out
(MUM!!!!!!)
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

easyweimaraner said...

I will start my training immediately... or is it pawsibble that photoshoppers can bring a seacow in shape with a mousclick too?
Easy Rider

Poodle At Play said...

OMD this sounds like so much fun! I'm going to need to start training right away!

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I think I could use the exercise so I will try and get my photo in soon! Excellent idea, doods.
Oz

Scooter said...

Oh boy!! This is gonna be exciting. Me and Addi will begin our training ASAP and get registered.

wags
Oreo and Addi

stellaroselong said...

WELL, we know ONE person who is not going to get off her lazy behind and register any of US.
Angus McConnell Long

Two French Bulldogs said...

We better get a move on. The dead lion, baahhhhhh
Lily & Edward

My Mind's Eye said...

WTG Mayorz!!! You have had a very very fun first week in office and so many fun things happening
we hope lots of critters start their training early
Hugs madi your bfff

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Boy Howdy is this ever gonna be the Bestest MAYORZathon in the entire UNIVERSE...
Hope nobuddy misses the Dead Lion.... and is disqualified from the running... THAT would be a SHAME...

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We are soooooo IN!! We will get Mama going on the photos!!
Jakey says he will help (Mama) with the photoshopping!!
Smileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

The Army of Four said...

Oh, does this sound like fun!
Cammie!

Millie and Walter said...

This should be fun. We are getting our pictures to you right away so our mom doesn't forget. We have to see about the Valentines dance since we have to get our dates in order for that one.

Idaho PugRanch said...

You doods are getting off to a fast start. We will get a press release out this weekend!
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

Lone Star Cats said...

Dis sounds like fun!

Kinley Westie said...

Dat runnin stuff are not gonna happen, momma can barely get me to go on da daily Death March, I mean walk. Maybe I'll have a cocktail stayshun for da end of da race.

Wyatt said...

Sounds great, just toss out a squirrel and we will race to the finish line! We will go hunt down some photos.

Wyatt and Stanzie

KB said...

I love Wyatt's comment! Sounds like a blast!

Anonymous said...

Well now.....Bites and mickey are working the event....not sure if I can do it by myself....gonna go out and run 20 laps around the old acre...if so guess I gonna get me some new red running shoe and sweat band.

Da Sus

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Wow,, this will be real interesting for sure!
love
tweedles

M. K. Clinton said...

This sounds like another fun Blogville activity!!

bichonpawz said...

Definitely a fun activity! Can't wait to see the pics!
xo Chloe and LadyBug

Frank The Tank said...

Yes will definitely be a mile marker! Count me in! I got your comment on my bloggy, all good, would be happy to pawticipate! XxxxxxxxX

Matilda the Boxer said...

OMD! OMD! OMD!! I've wanted to run a marathon just like my momma, but the longest race I've managed is a 5k! This will be SO exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!

Misaki @ misadventuresofMisaki said...

So cool, will definitely be joining in, I love to run:-)

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Count us in Socks, Scylla, Fenris & Tuiren

Little Miss Titch said...

I shall be working so I'll be missing out on this one,xx SPeedy