Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Stanley Picks Murphy's Date

On the day that Stanley picked my date for Sarge's Blogville Date Day (May 19th), he made me do all kinds of stuffs for him.  I had to sneak treats to him, scratch his belly, do his chores, and let him have first pick of TV shows on Netflix.  He said the reason I had to do all this stuffs was so he would NOT pick a girl named Sally for my date.  

When he said that, I said, "Wait a minute Brother . . . who is Sally??"  I counted 5 girls to pick from and I knew them ALL!  There was NO Sally!  All the girls who said they were interested were VERY beautiful girls who lived in Blogville.  They ALL came from good families.  The ONLY reason I agreed to let Stanley pick for me was cuz I knew ANY of the girls would be WONDERFUL dates!  There was NEVER anyone called Sally!  That was when Stanley said Sally contacted him on the Internets and said she wanted to be one of the choices.  "Wait Brother", Stanley said with a sly grin, "I have a photo of Sally!"


At that moment I knew I better scratch Stanley's belly a little bit more while he ate my favorite bone and watched "Breaking Bad" on Netflix.

When mom said it was time to make the selection, she wrote every girl's name on a card.  This was the list:

1.  Abby, a beautiful goldendoodle who can do ballet and whose mom is a Dogtur of Fun.
2.  Millie, the beautiful sister of Walter whose mom can make very beautiful stuffs.
3.  Dina, a beautiful Frisbee chasing girl from the UK who just learned to howl and treks with her mom.
4.  Ruby, a beautiful Airdale with just the right amount of sassy (and a ball like mine) whose mom taught her to make margaritas.
5.  Shyla, a beautiful chocolate lab who lives in the mountains with elk, bears and cougars with her lovely gently spirited photo artist mom.
6.  Sally, a stinky stranger from the Internet.










Oh I am a lucky dog for sure!  It was worth all the torture that Stanley put me through! Now I want to make it official . . .

Miss Ruby, will you please do me the honor and be my date for Blogville Date Day?





Murphy & Stanley

Pee Ess - For you fellas who might be looking for dates, I put links on all the girl's names so you can ask them out.  You don't want to miss out on Blogville Date Day!!

Pee Pee Ess - Facebook has been closing accounts that belonged to doggies and I am sad to report they killed me off!  So my furiends will no longer see me on Facebook!  Right now Stanley is still on Facebook but I am not.  We have not decided what we will do (if anything) but I wanted you all to know.

24 comments:

Cowspotdog said...

we know you will have a rocking time Ruby - she is a wild child for sure :)

Unknown said...

Awww that is so special. What a fun time you two will have together, Ruby was a great choice and it was a fun way to choose her!

Unknown said...

BOL funny Sally. At least now you can breath a sigh of relief (Ha Ha) as you have the stunning Ruby as your choice. We know she will be thrilled to be your date. Have a terrific Tuesday.
Best wishes Molly

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Murphy you and Ruby will have a BLAST on Date Day. SHE is a GRRRREAT girrrrl. They all are, except maybe..that SALLY.
FaceBark doesn't like Dogs??? THAT must be why our mom said we couldn't do the FaceBark thingy. DISCRIMINATION is NOT Nice.

stellaroselong said...

FURST of all I cannot believe facebook just killed you off without renewing you for a second season, I will probably be next!!! Oh no! We laughed and laughed at the joke your brudder played on you...you doods are sooo funny! We are glad her picked Ruby!
stella rose

Millie and Walter said...

Congrats to Ruby! We're sure she will say yes. Good thing Stanley didn't pick Sally. Hey what's up with Facebook deleting you like you don't exist? That is so wrong.

Anonymous said...

Pheeew I'm glad you picked Ruby! But on the other hand, with Sally you only had to wear a clothes peg on your nose lol. FB did that with an account of my mom too and it not even belonged to dogs. I'm anyway not a friend of that FB-thingy. Have a super tuesday and be happy about a date with one of the cutest girls of blogville

Two French Bulldogs said...

You have those girls lined up!
BOL
Lily & Edward

Unknown said...

Oh, you are going to have a FABULOUS time with Ruby! She is so much fun!

Misaki @ misadventuresofMisaki said...

You guys are going to have a fab time together!

Poodle At Play said...

Oh Murphy I am SO glad it was Ruby and NOT that Sally! I hear she is a bit...malodorous and who wants that! I'm sure Ruby will say yes, and you will have a great time together!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oohhhh Rruuuuubbbyy.... ahem. That's going to be a raving date methinks. Well done doods. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Unknown said...

What a lucky gal...and guy! Have fun on Date Day! :)

Dina

Idaho PugRanch said...

Ruby is a lucky gal! We are sure you will have a great time! Mom has never let us do the facebook thing, guess that is OK
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Fantastic choice. You'll have to get Ruby some BUBBLY on your date. She loves her bubbles and she's a VERY lucky girl.

XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh I am happy for you and Ruby!!!
facebook is being naughty to do that!
love
tweedles

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

HEY MURPHY.... You THERE BUDDY???? Your Date is going WILD... she is gonna snatch her mom's FLEASA Card... and SHOP til she FLOPS.. She is gonna buy the stores out and book all the SPA appointments and stuffs. Just sayin buddy..... JUST SAYIN.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Facebook killed me off too!! And I am in a panic mode!
Now we are two peas in a pod!!
love
tweedles

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Wowza and yaahoo. It sounds like you and Ruby are going to have a fangtastic time. Great way to pick a winner too! WTH is up with you being taken off FB? Weird we tell ya. Hope maybe you can get it back. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Cara n Crew said...

mol! we think that Sally is kinda cute :D but you'd hafta be careful not to make her mad...anywho, Stanley made a pawsome choice for you, Murphy! have fun on your date!

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

Kinley Westie said...

Ruby are a good choice!

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Yay for Miss Ruby! She's a lucky, lucky gal! We are certain you two will have a ball!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

Taffy said...

Oh my! This should be VERY interesting! I can't wait!

Dougall-the-Scottie said...

Oh man, you are one lucky dog! Ruby is a pawsome gall!!