Thursday, April 3, 2014

Routine Emergency

This morning we had an appointment emergency!  When we woke up mom started rushing around saying "Hurry! Hurry!, We have to take the boys to the dogtur!"  Now when me and Stanley heard that we were definitely concerned! "Mom", I barked, "why do we have to go to the dogtur?"  Mom shouted back at me that we had the "routines".  When me and Stanley heard that, we looked at each other and I asked Stanley what "routines" were.  Stanley said, "I don't know Brother but I think it sounds bad."  After thinking about it for a minute I decided we must have caught some "routines" when we were on vacation and swimming in the river.  OMD!  Me and Stanley got the routines!

So mom and dad hurried around and got ready to take us to the dogtur.  Me and Stanley just crossed our paws that it wasn't too late and that we could be cured of the "routines".  I thought maybe I was getting a fever and Stanley said he was feeling dizzy.  We knew it was just a short matter of time and we'd be goners!

We didn't go to our Dr. Eddy dogtur.  We went to the Air Force Base dogtur cuz mom said they were better for the "routines" cuz it costs less.  "What?", I cried, "We are dying from the "routines" and you're concerned about being on the cheap?"  It was so confusing to me but I thought maybe the "routines" had caused my thinking to be foggy.  

When we got to the dogtur's office we rushed in and I ran up to the counter.  


The lady there didn't come rushing over.  I think she did NOT realize every second counts when you have the "routines".


I wasn't getting their attention so Stanley used his loud voice.



Finally the technician came over.  Instead of giving us emergency care or an operation or something, she said we had to be weighed!  "Good grief people", I cried, "The "routines" are spreading all over our bodies and you want to know how much we weigh?"  It just didn't make sense!  It felt like I was getting itchy.  The "routines" is NOT a disease I wish on any doggie ever!!

Finally they took us into a little room.  You will NOT believe what they did.  First of all the dogtur told me to bend over and cough (I told you it was a military dogtur).  Then she took some of my blood and sprayed stuffs up my nose!  The blood part wasn't so bad but the nose spray was just rude!  But I was willing to do it if it could save my life from the "routines".  All this time Stanley is feeling weaker and weaker.  I could tell he was fading fast.  "Hang on Brother". I cried out to him.  Pretty soon I got off the table and the dogtur did the same stuffs to my brother.  I hoped it wasn't too late!

After the exam operation was done on Stanley, we both got treats so that made us feel better.  Actually, we started feeling a lot better!  The dogtur must have cured us in time and saved us from the certain death from the "routines".  Then just as me and Stanley were talking about what a close brush with death we had, mom explained that it was just a routine dogtur visit and that we were 100% healthy all along.  Now I felt silly.





Murphy (21.4 pounds) and Stanley (36.4 pounds)

28 comments:

stellaroselong said...

Oh my gosh my mom laughed and laughed...wesa so sorry she is laughing but it is wif you and not at you...sometimes our parents just need to explain themselves better to us!!!! We are so glad you didn't catch anything that could not be cured on your vacation!
stella rose

Millie and Walter said...

We heard our mom talking about our "routines" for next week. Now we aren't as worried about them. You two doods are too funny.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I just had a more than routine giggle - and that is medicine you just provided. Thanks for passing it on!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Gotta watch out for those 'routines' - they can be mighty scary! Abby has the routines, too, and she's not happy about it! Our Mom, too, seems to be unconcerned about it. Clearly she doesn't realize the urgency; hopefully this post will serve as a public service announcement for her!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

You had us worried. We could feel those routines just movin' around in our bodies....you know, whenever you read about a medical condition.

Glad you're 100%! Now it's time for another long walk to celebrate...and a treat.

XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

Ruby said...

OMD!! I was BOL all the way through the story!!! BOL!! I was just abouts to get out the margaritas in the hopes that it would cure those 'routines' right up! Well, since the margaritas are outs anyhu....
Sendin' them right to ya!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥

Unknown said...

BOL! Anyone's mistake!

Dina

Unknown said...

Well 'The Routines` could be doing the rounds so doods you never know. We think it is pretty catching as we have had 'The Routnes" too. Phew at least none of us have got it bad. We hear it is quite nasty if it takes hold. You got to be starved to cure it we heard.
Have a tremendous Thursday.
Best wishes Molly

My Mind's Eye said...

MOL MOL MOL YOU TWO DOODS HAVE MADE MY MOM'S EYES LEAK...AND HER JAWS SORE. I, MADI , ON THE OTHER HAND WAS THINKING THE ROUTINES ARE KINDA LIKE THE RUNS AND WAS WORRIED SICK. BIG SIGH TO HEAR YOU ARE BOTH MORE PURRFECT THAN WE THOUGHT. THANKS FOR THE FUNNIES YOU GUYS ARE TOO MUCH. LOVED THE PART ABOUT BEING ON DEATHS DOOR AND YOUR PEEPS ARE WORRIED ABOUT COST
HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMD OMD We were TERRIFIED fur you. THAT was a super scary thingy... esp. the pawt where your mom was wantin to Banish the Routines on the Cheep. WHAT??? Did she think it was that Bird Fly thingy that Peeps get?? THAT was no time fur CHEEPS... you needed HELP to rid you of the Routines.
WHEW... SOOOOOOOOO glad that you are 100%.
We don't KNOW why mom had tears runnin down her legs over this.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Wow!!! Those routines must not be a priority at the docts office
Lily & Edward

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

O-M-D! How scary that wuz. What we Beaglebratz don't git - y did your mom just x-plain it tue u two INSTEAD of lettin'u both git so werked up over the "rootinez"? Didn't she c what it wuz doin'tue u both - u cooda had sumthin'else goin'on THEN she an'your dad mite have had a mess tue cleen up if u git what we're talkin'boutz.
Just so gladd u both r 100%!
Shiloh'n Diva Shasta

Cowspotdog said...

you just never know - peeps don't always use dog words which confuses us terribly. We are glad you 'routines' were cured in time though :)

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Sheesh, now that was scarey. We thought the routines would be shooting out all over the car on the way there!! Thank dawg you are both ok. We HOPE you got lots of treats and big walks for such a big worry. While we were both frozen with horror, our mum was laughing. She's coo coo in the head we tell ya, coo coo! No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Misaki @ misadventuresofMisaki said...

Phwe! I'm glad you're both OK abd you survived the 'routines'

Maggie Mae and Max said...

I thinks I have the "routines" next week. :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae and Max

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Oh the routines are very curable. To be on the safe side from a possible relapse, just eat more treats like u did after the exam.

Soggibottom said...

Eat your cookie guys and be thankful :-) x x x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Thank goodness you got a treat for being such good little patients! And no surgerys- so that was a good thing too!
Now the routine is over- so you can relax.
love
tweedles

Kinley Westie said...

BOL, glad y'all survived your routines!

Ranger said...

I am sooooooooo happy dat ya were cured of the routines. Oh my, Stanley 36.4 lbs….. you really should share your treats with Murphy.
Wags,
Ranger

Idaho PugRanch said...

Doods you had Bailey all worried cause he heard mom say his routines was coming up soon!
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

Dougall-the-Scottie said...

Wow... I haven't heard of the "routines" I hope we don't get it!

NanaNor's said...

Hey Doods, You always make me smile and laugh. Hunter doesn't like going to the dogtur either! He has his routines next month, after we get back from our vacation and before we move. He will probably feel insulted that it has to happen then. Hope you have a pawsome day!
Noreen, Hunter and Lily

KB said...

Your mom was lying. It was the treats that cured you! You need even more of them, don't you?

Brinley Westie said...

At furst I thought ya said ya had da rude teens and I didn't unnerstand how's a dogtor could make them teens have better manners and how their bein' rude was makin' ya ill... Annoyed, yeah, but sick?
Then I re-read it...... you explained it and now I feels silly, too..

Poodle At Play said...

So glad you guys survived that bout of 'routines'! Sounds like it was a pretty close call!

Sweet William The Scot said...

I sure hope I never get the routines. But wait, I get the routines every year. They have to be Contagious! Quarantine for Murphy and Stanley, no more routines for the rest of us.
Thanks for being a friend
Sweet William The Scot