Saturday, September 22, 2012

Special Day

Today was a very special day for me and Stanley.  Today was the "Blessing of the Animals" at our church!  Goose's mom is one of our pastors and she was the one who performed this most special service.  

When we pulled into the church parking lot she was waiting for us.  Our new friend Dottie got there about the same time we did.  Of course we all ran to Goose's mom to say hello.


A proper greeting is the first thing.
I finally got to meet Dottie.   I heard about her for weeks.

After Dottie received her blessing.
Me receiving my blessing for health, happiness and many other wonderful in my life things.
I was very attentive because this was very important.
After I was blessed in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I gave Pastor Michelle a kiss.
Stanley started his blessing with a kiss.
He listened to every word.
Stanley was reading all the things included in our blessing.  We could tell a lot of thought went into it!

And he had to kiss Pastor Michelle again because he loved her for blessing us!
We think she liked it too!  Notice she and Goose have the same smile!
And then she had to take a picture.  You can see Goose was right there the whole time.  He was very well behaved despite the fact he had to share his mom with everyone else.
We love Pastor Michelle!

A dog can just tell when a peep is a dog person and she is REALLY a dog person!  I always smile when I see her!

All animals were welcome to receive a blessing.  I can't believe mom cut off the top of the cross.  Sheesh . . . she needs to start wearing her glasses when she takes photos!!!


After our blessing we had to do some shopping.  We typically cause a stir when we go shopping because everyone can't believe how cute we are and they have to stop and pet us.  And of course they are always surprised that we are mini goldendoodles! But then, it's serious shopping!

Stanley checking out a sample that was left under the shelf.

He told dad it was a good one so dad had to look too.

Stanley ate it . . . dad didn't.

I did some shopping too.

After we finished shopping, me and Stanley went home and mom and dad went to the grand peeps for a birthday party.  We wanted to go but it was not a dog friendly environment.  JC turned 8 years old today!  But the best part of the day by far was to know that God loves us.



Murphy

15 comments:

GOOSE said...

It was a special day indeed. And I know my MOM likes you A LOT! Yes it is hard to share her with everyone. But I know there is enough love to go around. No your are blessed doods. But I think you already are. Now you have a certifcate to prove it.
Blessings,
Goose

Anonymous said...

Murphy & Stanley, you guys have wonderful peeps to have you blessed, and you have a great fruend in Goose and his Mom, now the rest of your life is going to be a wonderful event.

Your Furends
Susie & Bites

A Day In The Life Of A Goose said...

Wow, what a nifty day indeed! :-D You all looked so happy to be there and be blessed! Hope you got some yummies while shopping!

Cotton said...

The certificates look amazing! It's fun to get blessed.
Cotton

NanaNor's said...

Hi guys, What a special time to have Pastor Michelle bless you all. I wish I lived near you so we could have taken Hunter-he could use blessings and so could I. Training is a challenge but I think it will get easier. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.
Wags, Noreen & Hunter

Scooter said...

Happy Blessing day Stanley and Murphy!! What a wonderful day and shopping to top it off!!

wags
Jazzi and Addi

Unknown said...

Goose and his Mom are the bestest! If mes lived closer, me would has come to be blessed.
Kisses
Nellie

Unknown said...

So nice to see you guys with Goose and his mum. Have a wonderful Sunday.
Best wishes Molly

Anonymous said...

That was a special day! A blessing from Goose's Mom is the very best kind :)

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Finn said...

So so special! We went last year and have been trying to find one for this year too!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

What a FABULOUS Post!!! I love how you Kissed Pastor Michelle Before and After your blessings.

Val said...

This is so beautiful...can you tell us what Bible verse was used on your blessing?? Can't quite make it out from the photo.
Pastor Michelle is very special and you are some blessed DUDES!!

Murphy said...

Genesis 1:24-25
And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Berts Blog said...

Well, of course, My Vickie was out of town so I missed coming but I feel blessed every day because Goose, Michelle and you guys and your peeps are my friends. You are my blessing.
Love
bert

Two French Bulldogs said...

this isso exciting. Hope we get blessedthis year
Benny & Lily